Anytime we have a client who is wanting to donate their hair, we recommend they use a great organization called Children with Hair Loss instead of the other donation companies many of us have heard of. Here’s why we recommend Children with Hair loss when donating hair in Dallas, and how to schedule an appointment if you are interested.
Looking to donate hair in Dallas?
We do not charge extra for hair donations, in fact we discount the normal service price 30% when you are donating your hair.
What is included with our Donation Haircut Service:
- One of our stylists will start by giving you a consultation to determine how short you want your hair to be after donating, and discussing the perfect haircut for you. (Remember, 8 inches is the minimum to donate, so your hair that’s cut needs to be 8 inches of longer)
- We start by sectioning your hair into multiple ponytails based on your desired length then cut the portion that will be donated.
- After all of the donated ponytails are cut, now it’s time for your haircut! We will then shampoo and cut your hair to your desired style.
- We always finish every haircut with a beautiful style to help guide you on how to style your newly cut hair!
- Last, we take care of the paperwork and ship your donation ponytail at no extra cost to you.
Current Service Price: $52.50
Tap Below to Book Online
About The Company: Children With Hair Loss
“CWHL opened in September 2000. After researching, we didn’t find any other organizations that were giving human hair replacements to children at no cost. CWHL’s mission and goals were to never charge a family at a time when they need the most help. After years of intense fund raising, CWHL was able to purchase their first building in 2005. The headquarters resides in South Rockwood, Michigan in an old renovated fire station. Originally, CWHL’s focus was on children fighting cancer, until we found out that there were a lot of other reasons why children lost hair including Alopecia, burns, Trichotillomania and other rare diseases and disorders. To this day, Children With Hair Loss has never charged a child. Currently, we provide a customized human hair replacement and care kit to over 300 children a year.”(Quote taken from the CWHL website)
I met some volunteers from the company who had a booth at a beauty industry event for professionals. Every single person there was volunteering their time, they had paid for the booth from donations outside of the organization. Their commitment to simply help children with absolutely no out of pocket expense is amazing, and I couldn’t keep recommending any other company to clients looking to help.
Why Use CWHL instead of Locks of Love?
This is simple: CWHL donates a hair replacement solution to a child for free until they turn 21. Locks of love, according to their website at the date of this posting, lists the retail on these hair pieces between “$3,500 and $6,000.” Free versus $3,500+ when we’re talking about children…. this is a no brainer in our opinion!
⇩⇩⇩How to Donate Your Hair ⇩⇩⇩
To donate your hair, the donated hair must be:
- Minimum of 8 inches in length.
- Clean, dry, and in a ponytail or braid. (Rubber band still attached.) Don’t worry, we take care of this for you!
- In a ziplock back, and mailed in an envelope to “Children With Hair Loss” and write in your information you wish to share. Don’t worry, we cover the cost of shipping of your donated hair when you get a donation haircut at our salon!
Helpful Tips Before You Cut:
- Double check by measuring your hair to ensure you can donate at least 8 inches of length or longer.
- Feel free to bring pictures of your desired haircut so your stylist can help you achieve the perfect haircut after cutting the donation portion.